Sunday, May 20, 2012

Re-Launch in 5...4...3...

Well, it's been almost a year and a half since I declared the site "on hiatus," and over TWO YEARS(!!) since I have posted any reviews.  In all honesty I'm really starting to miss the old girl, I think the time has come to dust things off, knock out the mothballs, and get back into the swing of things.

After what seems like a damn eternity, I have finally had both the time and the willpower to sit down and put some serious effort into the redesign and relaunch of BadMovieRealm.com.  After much pain teaching myself php,Wordpress, and Wordpress theme design, I have managed to cobble something together that I am honestly pretty proud of.  Professional web designers may not want to look directly at the code, but I'm happy with it.

I've still a few finishing touches to add, but I anticipate the new site will be up and running by the end of May, in spite of my upcoming jury duty.  Hurray, civic responsibility!


Here are some low-res, teaser images, in case anyone is interested:

Teaser of the new dynamic homepage.  No more manual updating BS which was slowly draining my will to live.


New Disasterpiece Theater design.  Fairly similar to the old one.
All new on-site blog.  Complete with comments capabilities.
Speaking of comments, all reviews, blog posts, and films in the theater will now have a comments section.
Talk to me people!

Huge thanks to those of you who have either sent me emails or simply continued to check the site from time to time.  I appreciate the hell outta you folks.  I look forward to interacting with all of you guys and girls again.  It's been too damn long.  See ya in a few!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Derek!

    I've used this site numerous times, checking out B-movies that I haven't seen, but probably should. I appreciate all the time and effort you've put in to this site; it's a wonderful and amusing tool for those of us who appreciate the crappy arts.

    Several months ago, I began to wonder if content was still being added. With so many articles, it was difficult to tell. So now that it has been confirmed, I'm pleased to hear that it's a moot point. I look forward to future reviews and wish you much success! Thanks again for sharing your time with the B-movie community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your comment is so glowingly positive, I almost suspect you're a relative of mine. :P

    Your suspicions were well-founded. The site was on a long hiatus while I contemplated what I wanted to do with it. It wasn't dead, but she was definitely on life support for a bit.

    But now we're getting back up and running again, in fact I just launched the new site a few hours ago, so please head on over, check it out and let me know what you think. A lot of features won't be at 100% for a while, but the site is more or less functional. :)

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate the kind words, and I'm glad to hear that others get as much enjoyment out of the site as I do.

    ReplyDelete